Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Help me write my book!

I need your help in writing my next book!

As you may know, the book I have coming out in April is entitled, Behind Those Eyes: What’s Really Going on Inside the Souls of Women. Here is the description of the book, taken from the Thomas Nelson catalog… “A look at the various roles women play as they cover for the inadequacies they feel, why they do so, and who they really are in and through Jesus Christ. Behind Those Eyes encourages women to face the reality of who they are and who God created them to be. The result helps to mend broken souls, repair relationships, and strengthen connections with family and friends.”

So, here’s where you come in…

~Do you have a story or insight that speaks of a time when you tried to be perfect, act confident when you really weren’t, tried to fake being happy, or wanted people to see you as more spiritual than you really were?

If you do, then please send it my way! It just might be included in one of the chapters! (Please only send stories that you don't mind sharing with the readers. First names only will be used, and names can be changed for protection and privacy. Send stories to lwhittle@juno.com.)

But here’s the catch…

1) I am in a little bit of a time crunch. This book has already been edited and is now in the stage that it will go to proofing by Nov. 1…so…I have this week to work on it, but then next week we are on vacation all week. When I get back, I will have two weeks to complete the copyedited manuscript changes until my deadline. So, I would need your story soon!

In tweaking the book, it became apparent that we needed a few additional different kinds of stories to appeal to a cross-section of women…which brings me to my next stipulation…

2) If you are married, I need a story that doesn’t involve your husband or children (if you have them). We are looking for stories from when you were single or before you had children.

I can’t wait to hear from you! I know you have a story to tell!
Lisa :)

No comments: