Sunday, August 2, 2009

Peace.

Well, She Speaks has come and gone for another year, and I find myself back at the computer tonight, working again. Hanging out with my literary agent this weekend was a highlight, but she gave me some serious assignments on her way out of town. So here I sit, re-working a proposal I thought was long ago completed on a book I am jumping out of my skin to write. I totally heart her for pushing me to write better, but...

{whew.}

I am not afraid to admit that it's slightly hard for me to concentrate, because I am thinking about all I have to do to get out of town for a few days with my family. I am thinking about the ministry of She Seeks that is getting ready to launch on August 10th. I am thinking about the 327 emails I need to respond to. I am thinking about what to do with the dog while we are gone and what to pack and what loose ends to tie up before I leave.

And as I'm thinking about all these things, my little girl bounces into the room and stands in front of me. Toothless and tanned, she grins as she says, "I love you, mom." I look her over and take in all of her cuteness. My eyes rest on one of her tiny ears, most of which is covered with a shiny, trendy symbol.

Peace.

I know it's silly, but the meaning behind those $8 earrings spoke to me.

And I was reminded that in the midst of a busy schedule full of commitments and contracts and obligations, peace is still available, accessible and possible.

Just as it is in the midst of trial, misunderstanding and disappointment.

Which should encourage all of us since if we are not currently in one of those places, it will not be long before we find ourselves back there, again.

So to my friends who came to She Speaks and got news they didn't want to hear...and to my friends who have been in one of those places I mentioned or may well be by the time they read this post...and for all the other readers in between who just need to remember that Jesus is in the business of bearing the deep burdens of our heart while carefully carrying our everyday stresses...I say to you tonight, the same word I most need to hear...

Peace.

post signature

7 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

You know I'm all about some peace, friend. God's Peace go with you this week and remind you of his abundant provision and promises at every turn.

peace~elaine

Kelly said...

What a beautiful post! Peace, we all need to experience that.

I hope you feel the peace of God as you minister to do his work! He will give you His Strength!

Angie said...

I know how hard it can be to look for that peace we so desperately want. And for whatever the reason, He may keep it at arms length. But through our trials He is teaching us, helping us grow and waiting to give us the peace that brings glory to His name.

Shanda said...

I loved this. Peace and joy seem to go hand in hand in my life.

May God continue to fill you with both peace and joy as you continue to move forward into what He has called you to - both within your family and without.

Lisa B @ simply His said...

I loved meeting you this weekend and I'm looking forward to helping out more with the She Seeks site :) I hope you have a peaceful time with your family and don't stress too much!

LeeBird3 said...

I needed this tonight. Buddy is really going down fast. But guess what God did? Buddy asked for God to give him his voice back, and yesterday, Buddy's voice was strong and clear for about seven hours. I have been crying off and on all evening thinking about that. I'm not ready to lose someone else, Lisa, but you are right, even in loss there is peace.

Love you sister!

B His Girl said...

Beautiful post. Peace, B