Some of you have asked me about my book, The 7 Hardest Things God Asks a Woman to Do, released last March. I am honored you are interested in hearing about it and am happy to share!
Invariably, when someone finds out the title of the book, they are intrigued by the title and want to try to guess what the 7 hardest things are! So…I thought I would make it fun and interesting and see what a few of you think they are by offering to give out a free copy of the book to one of you.
If you want to enter to win, just leave a comment with what you think at least 1 of the 7 is(or as many as you can come up with), or what the hardest thing God asks you to do is, and you will be entered!
I will give you a hint. They ARE NOT what you may initially think, and none of the 7 is childbirth! (Though I lobbied to put that one in. :)) Think a bit less topical and relatable to all women.
I will announce the winner on my blog on Friday.
I am also including this 2 ½ minute video clip of me sharing about the message of the book. If you take the time to watch it, you just may have a bit of an advantage in guessing. Listen closely for a few key words and phrases! If you aren't interested in winning the book, the video will give you some insight into what the book is all about.
See you Friday!
Lisa :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





18 comments:
Hi, I just tuned in about a week ago.
I imagine one of the 7 hardest things would be for a woman to ensure that she has a clear relationship with God outside of what her relationship is to her husband, her father, or even her minister.
In my case, too, the father and the minister were the same person until about 9 years ago when he died.
I'm still growing in my relationship with God, and I realize that in the end, it's going to be Him and me. I won't be able to ride into heaven on the coattails of anyone else in my family.
Hi Lisa!
So excited you are giving us this opportunity!
The hardest thing for me over the past few years has been learning to wait on the Lord--to realize that His timing is not my timing in many cases. I struggle with being patient and trusting.
Blessings,
Kelly
Loved the video...
I would guess waiting, faith, keeping our tongues under control, being mighty warriors, wow, I could keep going. I like the mountain climber theme.
Can't wait for the book. You have my attention...
Kelli
One of the 7 hardest for me is learning "to submit" to my husband. I'm one of those women who has a hard time giving up control. Thanks for sharing yourself and your book, Lisa!
I would think that one of the hardest things would be to put my dreams aside for a season so I can pursue what season he has with others around me. i.e. my kiddos. Also, submission to my hubby. And as the other girls have said...waiting. Thanks for the love!
First, I wanted to thank you for visitng my blog with you ever so kind words. It is so easy to allow satan into my head and then believe the lies he tells me.
I think the hardest things that God has asked me to do is
1. to put away my fear and trust in His faithfulness
2. to stop being selfish and put others desires before my own
3. be a servant to all
4. put myself "out there" and be real
5. to do things that I am totally incapable of, so He can show Himself through me
6. to be content with my weaknesses because power is perfected in weakness
7. to be content with where I am and who I am
Thanks for the opportunity to share
Christie
My guesses are:
1. to have a single minded focus.
2. be tolerant of those around us, intolerant of sin.
3. Don't be afraid to fail. Success can be a good thing as well.
4. Learn when to proceed and when to wait.
5. Hold on at times, but also know when to let go.
6. Know when God wants you to lead and when to follow.
7. Die to yourself and old sin nature, and live for Christ.
I'm not sure, but here are my guesses:
1. Trust God with all kinds of things (relationships, children, friends, finances)
2. Beleive when faced with a world of doubt.
3. Some days, just getting out of bed or putting one foot in front of the other
4. Getting out of the boat when He invites us to walk over the water to Him
5. Fixing our eyes on Jesus
6. Being vulnerable to Him and others
7 PMS!
Hi, Lisa! Thank you for sharing about your two beautiful boys on my blog! I love it when I find another mommy who can relate to those boy things! Aren't they special? Anyway...I can't wait to read your book! Hmmmm...the 7 hardest...I guess the hardest thing for me is to actually walk the talk that He is first in my life. Sometimes it is really easy to skip my quiet time when other things are calling for my attention. I need to put Him first, but I don't always do so. What would that be called? Faithfulness? Women are master multi-taskers, so we always have so many balls juggling at once. Slowing down and getting quiet with God just goes against our nature sometimes! Along with that, I would say Obedience is a difficult one at times. Sometimes He asks us to do things that we really don't want to. Oh, crumbs. I just saw the part about the video. Now I've missed my precious clues. I'm going to watch it now, but I guess it would be cheating if I posted again afterwards! Oh, well, Blessings!
Laura
Lisa, I am trying to get out of town to lead a retreat this weekend---I have been really sick this week, so I'll post a comment back to you next Monday when I return concerning your good reply! I just have to leave a guess cause I'd love to win the book...I think if you wrote a book it would so be about dying to ourselves and being alive to our beautiful God in us, empowering us as you say, for your mantra is all about being fully alive in this present moment and trusting our good God's Presence & Power to help us face our fears, insecurities, pride. Your rhetoric resonates Psalm 84:5 Blessed are those whose strength is in God! One Passion! Set your heart on pilgrimage as we pass through the Valley of Baca---suffering...life.
This sounds like a delightful book! I'm guessing that realizing we were created to be "dependent" beings instead of "independent" would be a good starting place.
I would say that perseverance is one of the 7 things.
overcoming the people pleasing perspective would be one the hardest things for me to overcome!!
great idea!!
love, leigh
Hello, visiting from Leigh's blog.
I'll give it a try. The hardest things I think are:
letting go of control
not to be selfish
submissive wife
to be anxious for nothing
having patience
Blessings in Christ--
Hey Lisa,
I am a friend of Leigh's and found my way here because of her blog.
Hmmmm...hardest things for women to do, not topical, relevant to all women....
I think being "all things to all people" -- juggling it all. Whether it is motherhood, being a wife, being a sister, being a daughter, being a friend, being a servant at church, etc., it is just hard to do it all and yet still find just that time to stay truly focused on my relationship with God.
I also think one of the hardest things we are asked to do is to give up control and the ability to "fix" everything. We have to be able to give things totally over to God. Hard! We want to be the one's to make everything right. Ultimately, He is the only one that will ever be able to set things as they should be.
One more -- open up and become transparent to other women. We're not doing anyone any favors by putting on the mask of perfection. I've learned over the last year that God has blessed me many times over by just simply admitting that I'm in desperate need and don't have it all together.
This sounds fun! I'd love to read this book even if I don't win it!!
Blessings,
Dori
I would say one of the seven is submitting to your husband and letting him be the spiritual leader of your household... Thanks for the giveaway :)
The thing I've been dealing with lately (and it seems to keep coming up) is forgiveness.
It was also a challenge to be real with other women. I wanted them to accept me for who I am, yet I didn't allow them to see the real me.
Hey Lisa,
Oh, I would just love to win your new book! It sounds great.
OK, let's see...
1) Dealing with difficult circumstances
2) Waiting on God...ouch!
3) Dealing with Fear/doubt
4) Trusting your husband
5) Surrender
6)Submission
7) LOSE WEIGHT? (ha ha...)
I just know it's going to be GREAT.
Blessings to you.
Post a Comment