Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Jen

Thank you, friends, for your prayers for my sister, Jen. My sweet 25 year old sister (shown here in the fall with my cutie pie nephew, Troy) is likely on a journey that involves MS. She went to the neurologist today who confirmed that she does not a brain tumor, thank the Lord (!), but is 90% certain that she does have MS. The 10% might mean either Lyme's Disease or Lupus, but they do not think that is the case. She is handling this sooooo beautifully, and as her big sis, I look up to and admire her for the strength she is showing. Of course, my first instinct is to want to take away anything that might be hard for her, but I know, of course, that not only is that not possible but it is also not for me to determine. God is sovereign...and Jen knows and believes it just as I do.

Please continue to lift Jen up in prayer. The beautiful girl you see in this picture is that much more beautiful on the inside, and I know God is going to use her life for His honor and glory! Love my sis!

Lisa :)

20 comments:

Hillary said...

I will most certainly keep praying! A friend of mine has MS. She was diagnosed in college. After a little bit of a rough time getting her medication straightened out she is doing wonderfully well!! In fact no one would ever know unless she told them! She says she's never felt better! They have come so far with that disease! I know God will hear all our prayers for your sister!

Michelle said...

I will continue to pray for Jen. I think the her smile in this picture reflects her inner and outer beauty.

JenB said...

Praying for your sis with the great name.

Blessings,
Jennifer

Unknown said...

I will keep praying for Jen. So glad to hear she is being such a trouper. I am sure she has a multitude of people going to the throne for her. It is so good.

I'll pray for your weekend too...Go girl! In Him!

Laura said...

Your little sis is a beautiful lady, and that baby is gorgeous! I am praying for well-being and good health. I'm sure this must be a very frightening time for your whole family. Bless you all.

My blog features you tonight! You are the star! Come and visit!

Vonda Skelton said...

Lisa, I am praying for your precious sister. As a nurse, I've seen the progress that's been made in recent years with MS. I know it's still not what you wanted to hear, but praise God MS is something that's treatable.

And yes, she is beautiful--just like you!

Blessings,
Vonda

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Hey friend - you know i will be all over this request and your upcoming events!!! thank you for the other day - you are so special to me!! thank you!!

loving you all - Leigh

Going to do True Love Waits this weekend. I am really nervous - i am not near as cool looking as you - how will i ever keep their attention!! oh my i am scared!

Anonymous said...

Man, I can feel a testimony coming on. Immediately I sensed that she will minister to so many through this struggle. Her faith in God will give others a courage transplant. I guarantee it.

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

I will be praying for your sweet sister, Jen!

Jodie Wolfe said...

I will be praying for your sister as the doctors work to find out what is the cause. I also will be praying for you as you wait. I know that can be just as hard.

Heather said...

I will also continue to pray fot your sister and her family.

Amy L Brooke said...

I will pray!

Lisa said...

Friends,
Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers for Jen. We had dinner tonight, and I shared with her the response from my post(s). It truly means so much to her to know that sisters across the country are lifting her up, and she feels those prayers on her behalf.

How blessed both of us are to have such an awesome network in all of you!

Tons of love and big hugs!
Lisa :)

Laura said...

Hello, Dear friend!
I'm glad you liked my review! I wanted to say so much more, but I didn't want to give it all away...I always do talk too much! I really did enjoy The 7 Hardest Things, and I can't wait to get your new book when it is available.
Here is wishing you blessings on this Friday of Lamentation.
Laura

Jamie said...

Your sister is beautiful! I will continue to pray.
Have a wonderful Easter!

Jodie Wolfe said...

Lisa,
Just wanted you to know that I am praying that you and your family have a very meaningful Easter weekend.
Sweet Blessings,
Jodie
"Pearls"

Renae said...

Praying.

--r

Natalie Witcher said...

Oh I'll be praying. I'm gonna say this but don't think I'm a quack...there are natural things that can possibly reverse and/or eliminate her MS. I'm no doctor, but I would highly suggest her reading up on natural solutions. I'm not saying it will go away, I just encourage others to seek natural treatments as well as study the mainstream medical avenues. Who knows, those two things working hand in hand could make for a super solution!

Lisa said...

Girls,
I love you all so much! Thanks for your beautiful comments. You have blessed me and Jen so much with your care and concern...and most of all, your prayers. It's all about taking it to Him!

Natalie...I know what you mean, girl, about the natural stuff. I have heard, too, that you can really help the symptoms by tweaking your diet, etc. Jen is already so health conscious (and skinny, too, that little thing! :)) that she will look into all this, I'm sure. Thanks for the advice.

I hope all of you have such a blessed Easter. There is no better day than the one spent celebrating His presence in our lives! He's alive, girls!

Lisa :)

Valarie said...

Hey Lisa. I'm sorry that I just saw this today, but I will certainly be praying.

Not sure if you know this but I have lupus so if it ends up going that way hook me up with Jen and I'll be glad to talk with her or whatever!!

Love ya girl.
Val