Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Not Quittin' My Day Job

Hey friends!

As you can see, I have been toying with my blog header to find one I like. I was getting a little tired of the "eyes," so I decided to enter into Powerpoint Presentation land and try to come up with something else. As my sweet friend, Amy, pointed out, my first attempt came across looking a little too sad. With all this joy of Jesus bubbling over in my heart, I just couldn't bring myself to stay with that choice. So...I opted for the smiling Lisa who has nothing in the world to be sad about. Remember, I'm still partying like it's Easter! :)

Hope you like it! For this technically-challenged girl, it is definately the best I can do for now.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of things I am not very good at, one day, I hope to get this hyperlink thing figured out. My very benevolent friend, Marybeth, tried multiple attempts to walk me through it a few posts ago but it didn't work out. But if by some miracle you were just able to click on her name and it took you to her blog, then maybe I actually mastered it! If not, well...neither one of us are very surprised, now are we? :)

I will be posting next Monday after my weekend prayer retreat. I have a feeling I will have LOTS to blog about. But in the meantime, I read a post yesterday on my new girlfriend, Laura's blog that I absolutely LOVED! Please go read it. It's called Happy Feet, and it is a beautiful, beautiful post. I had something that I was going to blog about next week that is very similar in theme, but I'm not sure I can say it as well as Laura did, so maybe I'll postpone it for now. Girl, you stole my thunder but it is so good, I can't even complain about it! :)

A technically challenged, yet not sad girl,
Lisa :)

10 comments:

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Oh girl!! Get ready!! I've been praying for your class and this prayer retreat!! I went last summer and came home NEVER THE SAME. Prepare to meet your God like never before!! It's amazing!!! I'm praying for you all!! My sweet friend, Carla, she's coming with ya'll!! Have a great time!!

Hillary said...

I love the new header. I agree...the smile and the turquoise are the best. Seems to suit you!

Valarie said...

Girl, I'm praying your retreat is awesome and not overshadowed with any drama! Please don't allow the enemy to distract from your time there. We all need to get away and be refreshed. Enjoy and hug Bonita for me!

Love ya girl.
Val

Jodie Wolfe said...

I like the new header. I'm techno challenged. I just learned how to post photos on my blog, thanks to Renee Swope when I stopped by the P31 office on our drive home from Florida.
I'm praying your retreat goes well.

Anonymous said...

You look loverly :)

Amy L Brooke said...

Good job on all accounts! I like the smile better!

Have you checked out this blog: http://www.splitdecisionz.com/ It's for nontechnical people like us! Hooray. She answers questions and such....

And once she share about this site: http://www.magicwithblogs.blogspot.com/

There little training videos are just a few minutes each and they walk you through stuff.

Both are good resources since I know so little!

Keep partying!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

love, love, love it!!

awcamp said...

I agree about the smile -- love this photo! And if you have your own blog you're way ahead of me and many others in the techno-world. Keep up the great work.
Blessings!

Marybeth Whalen said...

You did it!! You did it!! I am SO proud of you! You hyperlinked! I knew you could do it!

Blessings on the prayer retreat-- can't wait to hear about it!

Laura said...

Lisa,
I just got back in town and am catching up with you! What a nice surprise to read this sweet message about my aging angst. Heehee. There's only one alternative, right? Getting older is a blessing. If only I could convince my body of that! I share your pain with the techno stuff too. But I love your new blog header! It does look like joy! I can't wait to read about your prayer retreat. Blessings to you, my sweet friend.
Laura