Hi Friends!
Thank you so much for your prayers and concern about my drippy, sniffy nose.
We arrived home from the beach last night, and I awoke this morning with a headache of monumental proportions. While the hubby and kids slept in, I drove myself to the handy-dandy Minute Clinic at CVS (do you have those in your area? AWESOME!) and saw the nurse practitioner on call. She took one look at my red, swollen eyes and nose and began writing up three prescriptions to fill for what has now become a full-blown sinus infection. She was so sweet and empathetic throughout the visit that I really wanted to crawl up in her lap and call her "mama." But I resisted the temptation and manically blew my nose instead.
So, as of this moment, I am currently on a heavy-duty antibiotic, a heavy-duty antihistamine, and a heavy-duty nasal spray. By the prescriptions, I think she took me seriously when I said, "I need to do whatever it takes to get my well enough to get me on a plane tomorrow and speak two times to a group of women on Saturday." I'm not altogether sure she believed that I would be speaking anywhere (and you thought my Exposed pictures were bad!), but she obliged me, anyway. And I am ever-so-grateful. :)
Between the meds and the prayers, I am already feeling better. So...thank you, friends. And PLEASE continue to pray for me for strength and renewed health. I need my energy level to go back up to speak these messages with the passion I feel in my heart! I want to give my BEST to Him.
I am leaving at 6am tomorrow with my sister-in-law/assistant for Sandusky, Ohio. I am so excited to see what God is going to do in His strength and despite my weakness. I am eager to hear from Him and watch Him do His powerful thing. I am so blessed to get to go and see faces of women who are just like me who desire more than anything else to be real and exposed before God. What a privilege it is to be His servant. It is a joy not even a sinus infection can kill!
I promise, promise to announce the winners of the book on Monday. I am just enjoying hearing from you about what you are feeling as it relates to the topic of the book, so I can't bring myself to cut it off today. I hope you understand and keep your comments coming! I truly love to hear and learn from others...from you!
Man, this journey is anything but boring. Oh, and my nostrils just said a big "amen!" HA-CHOO!
Lisa :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Lisa,
I'm praying for a super weekend for you and that God meets your needs in an extra ordinary way! May you feel His peace and strength.
Pearls
Prayin' for you girl! Get some rest this evening!
Give that "assistant" of yours a big hug from me! I miss her like crazy!!!!
Love ya girl.
V
I am impressed by how well you write even when you're sick! I am glad you have some antibiotics in your system and praying that you will be well soon. Angela
Praying for you girl - I pray that you arrive at your destination with clear mind, head and heart. Asking God for safe travel as well.
Lisa -- I'm praying that in you're feeling much better today and that your travel is quick and event-less. ( boring is good when it comes to air travel). I'm asking the Lord to fill you with His Spirit as you bring His message. May He reachly bless you and use you for His purpose.
Lisa,
Thank you so much for coming to Sandusky. I was so blessed by you and the other ladies. God Bless You and Your Family.
Post a Comment