So, what do you do when you go on a trip with a girlfriend and find out when you get there that you packed the same identical jacket to wear? You hope and pray you have as sweet of a friend as I do, one with a true servant's heart! And...you hope and pray she brought another jacket she is just as happy to wear, instead. Or, you hope and pray that is what she tells you, anyway. Of course, that is because she is...well... so sweet. My sweet friend is also my sweet sister-in-law/sweet assistant, Lynda. Here we are after arriving at the resort on Friday. I'll have more pictures of our excellent adventure later on in the post, if you're interested.

In case you haven't noticed, the word "sweet" is on my mind. That is because the weekend just was.
Sweet.
There was a sweet fellowship among the women who attended the conference...the other speakers and artists...the community of believers who came together with the shared purpose of glorifying a Holy God and sharing a message of hope and inspiration for all of us. I don't have enough words to tell you how awesome this conference was. I wish I could have packed you all in my suitcase and taken you with me! God showed up at the Godgirls in Motion Conference in Sandusky, Ohio, this past weekend, and I was so honored to be able to be there to witness it. Though I was not at full strength, I felt remarkably good and strong. He truly carried me throughout both of my sessions, and I have been praising Him ever since! (Thank you, friends, for all of your prayers and concern.) I just love it when Scripture sprouts legs, jumps off the page and onto my lap, and that is exactly what it did. II Corinthians 12:9..."But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' " Need I say more?
So...sweet.
And going back to the speakers who I was privileged enough to share the stage with, can I just tell you that my new friend, Linda Isaiah, spoke a WORD? Oh my, girls. I wish I had taken a picture with her because I would post it for you. What a beautiful woman of God. And oh, how God used her to bring it! After extending an invitation to come to Christ, hundreds of women came to the front and got real before God. It was a beautiful, beautiful thing to watch and experience. God's presence was by far the sweetest thing in the room that day. And what amazed me almost as much was how my very detail-oriented God weaved our messages together without us having ever talked with each other before we stepped onto the stage. Linda told everyone that I had "set her up" before she brought her message (right after my first session), and after lunch and as I closed out the conference, I told her and everyone that she had "volleyed it" right back to me. Oh, it was so beautiful to watch God do His thing. How sweet He is!
Another very fun person I got to meet and hang out with for a little while was Kerri Pomarolli. Here we are, goofing a bit. She looks way cooler than I do posing like this. She just struck a pose, and I tried to match her. Didn't work, did it? :)I just look like a wannabe. Actually, I did wannabe her. She is a doll and completely HILARIOUS!
On a far less important note, the accommodations were amazing. If you ever have a reason to go to Sandusky, Ohio, please make sure you stay at the Kalahari Resort! Unless the front desk guy was pulling my very sweet sister-in-law's leg, the resort houses the largest indoor water park in the world. Hmmmm....looked pretty big to me. Regardless, my kids would have dug it.

There are truly so many things I could say about this conference. God did some neat things in my life, and I got to meet such beautiful women who share my desire to get real. The conference theme of "Life is a Roadtrip" was the perfect theme for another stop on my journey...one I won't soon forget.
And for those of you who are truly interested...I will leave you with a few remaining pictures of Lynda and Lisa's Excellent Adventure. How sweet it was!
At the airport, on our way to Ohio, (medicated and happy -- um, and a bit puffy!)...

On the airplane, en route (still medicated and happy, but a little less puffy)...

At the conference on Friday night, trying to perpetrate professionals...

And on the plane ride home, tired, but grateful...(and trying to perpetrate sleepers)

'Twas so sweet.
Lisa :)
P.S. As promised, the winners of the book are Amy Brooke and Teri! Email me at info@lisawhittle.com and let me know where to mail them, and I will get them to you. Thanks, ladies, for all your awesome comments!





6 comments:
What a fabulously "Sweet" event. I am glad it was such a blessing to you and so many others.
It sounds like the conference was right on! I totally wish I had been there. Anyway, thank you for awarding me your new book! All I can say is YAY! I look forward to reading it! (More so, devouring it, because that is usually how I roll!)
I'll send you my info via email!
<3
God is faithful girl! We asked Him to show up and show off and it sounds like that's just what He did! Isn't He so good?!
Love the pics and like I said I miss that asst of yours like crazy! PLEASE squeeze her neck for me the next time you see her and Lynda, if you're reading this...I love you girl and I miss you SOOOOO much!!!!
Wish I could've tagged along! If she can't ever go, I'm your girl!
Love ya.
V
Lisa, YOu are such a beautiful lady! I'm so glad you had a "sweet" experience. Thank you for sharing it with us. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of your new book!
Laura
NO WAY! Can't believe I won. I CANNOT wait to read it!
Sounds like a great time at the conference. Everytime I got on line and saw your name (it's linked on my site so I see it a few times a day) I said a quick prayer that your health was holding up.
Thanks!
OH, and about the jackets. I have an identical twin. I mean identical. When she was in grad school, I went to visit her and she had told me to meet her at the InterVarsity Christian Fellowship meeting. I walked in wearing the exact same outfit.
My dear sister nearly ran me over at the door insisting that since I had clothes in the car, I needed to go change!
Being stubborn, I refused and told her to put her coat on if it bothered her so much!
Post a Comment