Thursday, December 11, 2008

Calling all Praying Friends

Hi friends!
I intended to post today about my weekend Christmas party and trip to the mountains, but I'm afraid the pictures of my husband in a reindeer costume are gonna have to wait until Monday. Believe me, they are worth coming back for! :)

On a much more serious and important note, I am writing tonight to ask for you to pray.

Some of you may remember THIS POST I wrote back in April about our friend, Kris Lawing. If you didn't, please go back and read that post now, as I think it will stir your heart to pray for him. Kris is a 37 year old with lung cancer, diagnosed less than a year ago after never having smoked and a track record of near perfect health. Even more complicated, his lung cancer had spread to places in his brain before it was initially detected. He has a sweet wife and a little 7 year old boy. Needless to say, it has been a tough 9months for his family since his diagnosis.

Kris had a body scan two days ago and it showed two new spots in addition to a spot they were watching. Not only did that spot not go away, but now these two spots have appeared. They are quite sure it is "disease." Obviously, the family is devastated by the news. He will begin chemo again after the holidays.

So...I am asking for your prayers. Kris and his family need them. I know you are praying friends, and that is why I am coming to you! God hasn't "left the building," and He very much wants us to access Him through our prayers!

On behalf of Kris and his family...thank you.

post signature

14 comments:

Carol said...

Lisa we will be lifting Kris and his family up in prayer.

Carol:)

On Purpose said...

Praying for Kris and his family and knowing that God has His mighty hands all over the situation and is loving on them!

Anonymous said...

I will be joining you in prayer for this man and praying for a miracle! How wonderful it is to have our faith, for how on earth would you cope with news like that if there was no relationship with our Father, and no hope in His Truth???????

~Tracy~ said...

Will be praying for Kris and his family!!

Tracy

Pinkshoelady said...

LIsa,
I will be praying for Kris.
THis is a hard time of year to get news like that. We are going through similiar news with a man that is closer to me than any of my own uncles. He has been my dad's best friend for over 40 years.
He has a rare and dangerous form of cancer. They just got the news Wednesday that there are two more spots found on him also.
Please add him to your prayer list his name is Bonnie Watts.

Laura said...

Oh, Lisa. What sad news. I am praying for this sweet family.

I cannot wait to hear about your weekend. I keep meaning to drop you a long email, but I haven't had enough time to make it comprehensible! Sounds like you understand.

I miss you, though! WE will catch up soon...

Luca said...

Lucarelli's praying girl

Lelia Chealey said...

Will be praying Lisa! God knows...He knows.
Love to you,
Lelia

B His Girl said...

Lord, I pray that Kris feels your Presence in his life. I know you are THE GREAT PHYSICIAN Lord. Please touch those spots. Make them disappear. Do what only you can do. May Kris be encouraged that you are with him. Thank you Jesus.

Liz said...

Lisa,
Thank you for the blessing of being able to lift Kris and family up to our loving Father and the author of Life and Healing!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Thank you for the reminder to pray for Kris!! Love, Leigh

Leaon Mary said...

I stand in faith praying for Kris... and will keep lifting him and his family uP during this time.
GOD CAN HANDLE ANYTHING... SO KRIS if you read this....Be encouraged... KEEP BELIEVING, and just keep on Praising the Lord! ~ Your brothers n sisters will be covering you in prayer. I will put your name on the prayer list at our church too!
GOD BLESS YOU!
Lea
<*)))><

Joyful said...

Praying. God is able.

Joy

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I will be praying...how sad. All things are possible through our
God....and that gives us hope!

In His Graces~Pamela