And then sometimes, He speaks differently to me. I affectionately call these my “jerk-a-knot-in-my-chain” moments, often brought on by my desire to take the lead in my life. These are the moments I feel the authority of God taking reign of my insides. I probably need them more than I seek them.
Such a moment happened to me over the weekend.
I was getting ready for an event, thinking about some circumstances in my life. Between the whining, lamenting and general internal dialogue in my head, God very specifically spoke to my heart and said…
“Why do you think you know better than I do about what you need for your life? I have protected you from things you thought you needed before when I knew things you couldn’t see. Trust me, Lisa. I know what I’m doing.”
Chain = jerked. Message = heard.
It’s funny how God always has a way of helping me remember that the strong hand I have placed my life in has not released His grip on me for a single second along the way. Making that fact even more remarkable is the reality of how often I try to squirm out of it to run my own course.
Sometimes, that reminder comes with that sense of understanding, love and confirmation, spoken gently to my heart. Other times, it’s with that directness I need to be reminded of the sovereignty of Someone other than me.
Either way, the message is still the same.
God is in control.
He knows what He is doing.
His ways are not my ways.
His ways are best.





4 comments:
Great words!! So very true - must be a needed message - I've been hearing this too!
I can relate. I love how you put that. Whether He whispers or uses a sledge hammer I love when He talks to me. Blessings, Maurya
Oh, I've always called it a "Spiritual 2x4" LOL. It was so nice to meet you at Brookhaven Fellowship on Friday!
Great words!
Banner Advertising Network India
Post a Comment