Wednesday, January 2, 2008

BHFH!

Sometimes my husband has moments of pure genius. Other times, well, not so much. :) (I'm referring to the times he is disagreeing with me, of course!) But on Sunday, he threw down the gauntlet in the form of a challenge to adopt a new motto for 2008…BHFH. It was one of his pure genius moments, and something of a divine moment for me.

Sidebar: Let me back up a minute and tell you that my hubby, Scott, is also my SS teacher on Sundays. He rocks the house and communicates things in a way that makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. (Or is that called lust?) :)

REGARDLESS…he is an amazing communicator.

On Sunday, Scott was talking about how the Urban streetwear clothing line, FUBU, got it’s name. The initials F-U-B-U stand for For Us, By Us and the line was created to represent a certain population of people who desired to make clothes exclusively with their unique “flavor.” Scott then challenged us to adopt a different set of initials in the form of a motto for the new year…BHFH. By Him, For Him. Good thing he told us this at the end of class or I wouldn’t have been able to concentrate on the rest of the lesson. I couldn’t stop thinking about it all day.

And I still can’t stop thinking about it.

It’s my new motto/conviction/mantra for 2008…By Him, For Him!

Really, there's more I could add, but what else needs to be said?

So let me recap. In the past week I’ve started my “wants” fast, adopted a new motto, and posted my scary-looking mug for the entire world to behold. My, my. This girl’s 2008 has certainly started out with a bang!

BHFH!
Lisa

P.S. Can I trademark that? :)

**As promised, my regular post on Monday will be the exciting thing I want to share with you. Not that this isn't exciting...but...well...it is not something I planned on posting. But I felt like I should, so consider it a mid-week bonus...or rant, whichever you prefer. :)

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your new motto! I think I need to borrow it too! Happy New Year and thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

Hey Jennifer!
Thanks for stopping by! You are more than welcome to use the motto -- it's yours for the borrowing! :)

Come visit me again.

Lisa :)

Unknown said...

I like the motto...it is the heart of the Father for His people right now!

Have you read The Barbarian Way?

Thanks for the bonus post!
Teri

Lisa said...

No, I haven't. I love to read, so I'll have to google it and find out more. Good book?

Lisa :)

Hillary said...

You are too cute! Yes, I think the BHFH is awesome! Thanks for posting! But what I liked the most is the way you speak about your husband! And of course the, "lust" comment! Made me laugh!

Lisa said...

Hillary,
It's good to lust after 12 years of marriage and three kids, right? lol But then again, I guess it's not technically called lust when you're married. :)

Either way, I'm glad you stopped by. I visited you and noticed you put me on your blogroll. Thanks, girl!

BHFH!
Lisa :)