
Unfortunately, 36 year old women who eat chocolate that goes right to their booheene (my son’s word for behind) don’t look quite as endearing as my cute little 5 year old does! :)
Speaking of cute, look at this cute pic…
It has nothing whatsoever to do with this post, but I just had to share it. My hubby got a new Mac and was fooling around with it last night and took this picture. Too sweet.
But now, back to not looking cute when I eat things that go right to my booheene.
If you’ve ever read my blog posts before, you know that I am often in a battle with my fluctuating weight. Right now I am carrying 23 extra pounds that stand in my way of fitting into most of my clothes. Since I am on a “wants” fast, I can no longer go out and buy clothes to accommodate my expanding saddlebags or make myself feel better by buying a new cute top. Thus, I am forced to wear the clothes I already have in my closet. That is, when I can fit into them!
My hubby wants to lose weight, too. His goal is to run in the NYC Marathon every 10 years, and 2008 marks the 10th year since he ran in the last one! Funny thing…apparently you lose weight when you run (I wouldn’t know since I detest this form of exercise), but you need to lose a little weight before you run so you can actually go the distance. I don’t know – sounds too complicated for me! Can you hear a good excuse coming on?
So, with the Biggest Loser Couples just starting, we decided that it was a perfect time to try to join our fellow TV weight-losers in the effort to lose weight. Our two best couple friends and another very close couple friend of ours have thrown their hats in the ring and challenged us to a full-on competition.
Cue the Rocky music. :)
The Minors (seen below)
…are the green team

The McGees
…are the orange team

The Perrys
…are the pink team
and The Whittles (us, of course)
…are the blue team

Ok, look. I know what you are thinking. And I agree with you. Our friends do not need to lose weight!!!!!! I have already voiced this to them. But each of them insists that they are carrying around 25-40 extra pounds on their frame, and they are doing this to lose it and prevent another 25-40 pounds from slowly creeping on!! How can I argue with that? (Personally, I think they may just like the idea of a competition.) :)
So it is that the Minors, the McGees, the Perrys, and the Underdogs (I mean the Whittles…we might as well be called the Underdogs because my hubby hates to diet and I dislike exercising until I get started – then I still don’t like it!) are in a fierce 10-week competition for a grand prize of a vacation, courtesy of the losing three couples.
All I can say is – it’s on, it’s on, like neck bone. (LOL – This phrase was thrown in there for Bobby, my Midland friend. I laugh so hard when he says it in his country accent!)
None of us wants to lose the competition. Maybe we will lose the weight instead.
I’ll keep you posted.
Go blue!
Lisa :)





15 comments:
I love it! I knew this picture would make a HUGE statement one day.Good Luck...GO BLUE !!!!!!!!!!
Love Ya, Di
Oh, I'm with ya! I've always struggled with my weight! I'm currently on the Jenny Craig program in hopes to get back into my old clothes. It's tough to lose weight and keep it off! But I seriously love The Biggest Loser and it totally inspires me to work out! Last night I was a bit disappointed in the episode but I guess its b/c I can feel their pain. Lose a pound, gain a pound. That's me! Good luck with your competition!!!
I am totally feeling you on this post! I've gained a few extra pounds that I'd like to make disappear without exercising. Since it is looking like I don't have the spiritual gift of losing weight without exercising, I am going to have to step back into the exercise ring :) Good luck!
I am so competitive --- what's that about??? --- that I would so lose the 25 pounds to get the vacation so I would have to FAST from your competition if I was in it---LOL...I want to walk a marathon this year while my husband runs one...I have to pick one...maybe we'll do NYC cause my daughter lives in that area, well sort of. When you are from Texas, one thinks neighboring states up north are in the area. Lisa, I love your humor, your heart. You so honor your God. And I really enjoy your writing. You are right up there for me---with the best! You know who! I wasn't planning on commenting on blogs today---only on my own--- but yours just popped up---how does that happen?
Good luck!!! I can't wait to see what happens. I LOVE biggest loser!!!! It is so encouraging and inspiring!
How exciting!! You guys can do this!!! Cut out pic's of where you want to vacation on your friends and post them on your fridge!!
Thanks for visiting my blog. I love that song too by Hillside. I was probably in the middle of writing the post that goes along with that song when you stopped by. I just posted "Take Me Deeper Lord" as I have been overwhelmed with how much I love Jesus.
Well, gotta to go get kids and meet a friend at Starbucks.
I love your blog so I'll be back! As a matter of fact, I just added "Blogs that Bless" on my site & I put yours on there yesterday.
Many Blessings~
Lelia
First...I have found a new FUN & UPLIFTING place to go! Here! What a cute little blessing! I have the same extra ahhemmm...pounds (My number is yours reversed!) But my focus has been on granchildren...and food...and husband...and family time...and food....did I mention chocolate??? Yes! And CHOCOLATE-ANYTHING!
I am feeling better today...we are seeing God move in Wanda's life. Lost 4 oz of fluid last night! Praising Him for the remainder to come off so that her breathing will be easier! Keep her in your prayers.
(((HUGS)))
Angie
What a great idea to make getting fit fun! I hope you and your friends have a great time in the process. I must say, I read the weight loss post first and then scrolled down to find out you were "expecting" and I was a bit confused at first! Congratulations on your books! I absolutely love the cover for your newest "little girl"! Can't wait to see them for real!
laura b.
Hey girls!
Thanks for your comments. I love getting them! Just to update you, I am doing well on the diet. I survived yummy Bible Study food yesterday morning AND night, and I was very proud of myself for sticking to the plan. :) Hey -- baby steps, girls!
Have a great weekend!
Lisa :)
Lisa~
I forgot to comment on the cute pic of your daughter! So sweet.
Great job today!! You can do this. I'd love for you & your husband to win. I love underdogs! Whenever my husband I watch football together, I'll ask him who is favored to win & then I'll take on the other team!
So go team!!
Have a great weekend filled with excercise & healthy eating!
Lelia
We say its "on like a chicken bone!" Good for you!! GO BLUE GO!
I'm getting on the treadmill today.....walk no run. :)
What a great idea! That is fabulous! My husband is FINALLY starting to gain some weight; he was always skinnier than me. So maybe soon I'll have the hope of losing WITH my man.
Wow. That is such a great idea. A vacation would certainly be motivation for me to lose weight. And even if you don't win, you'll "win" by losing the weight. Awesome!
Just to update everyone...I have lost a total of 4 pounds as of today. Slow, but steady, right? I prefer the fast and furious! But I'll take what I can get!
Thanks for cheering for me!
Lisa :)
Lisa, I am 50 years old and have been "sporting' peri-menopause pounds. Seems your body stores up weight during this "wonderful season" of life to prepare...FOR WHAT??? I ask myself???? It's not like my body is going to take a warm, winter's nap.
But it was getting to the point where I was weighing the most I had ever weighed, except for PREGNANCY.
Everybody kept talking about Weight Watchers. I've lost about 14 pounds in about 4 months!!! AND I have eaten alot of things I like.
So, if this "old lady" can do it, I KNOW you can.
Blessings,
PS. I visited your website...you are just adorable!
Post a Comment