(If you are one of the awesome women from Stonebridge Community Church who is stopping by after last night's women's event, welcome to my blog! It was great to be with you. I hope to get to hang out with you, again, in the future!)
I am convinced I have the most awesome friends in blogland! Seriously -- I have met some of the coolest people ever through this "tool" I once so desperately wanted to avoid starting for myself. Yeah, I am a slow learner, ya'll. :)
Two of my bloggy friends have recently posted things on their blogs about my new book, Behind Those Eyes. One of them, Amy Brooke, wrote an open letter about it and talked about specific things that touched her heart. I was so moved by her words in this post, and I would love for you to read more by going there.
Another of my fantastic bloggy sisters just posted an interview we did for the book. Mary Snyder also happens to be a Thomas Nelson author, and her book on girlfriends will be out in '09. (Can't wait for that!) This post is our interview, and if you want to know more about what Behind Those Eyes is really all about, it would be a great resource for you.
I am hearing from women literally all over the United States who are starting Behind Those Eyes for their Bible Study at church or in their community. I cannot tell you how this thrills my heart, since as a Bible Study Leader myself, I wanted to gear this book specifically to be able to be used as both a good read you could have for yourself and also a Bible Study for groups. I know firsthand how so many of these books with Bible Studies in them (though great!) are not quite enough material for women to really use in a discussion time. Because of that, I purposefully wrote the Bible Study in the back of the book to be pretty indepth.
If you are looking for a Bible Study for the fall, please consider Behind Those Eyes. But please know if you are considering it...it "goes there." Yep, questions are asked and you gotta get real. But boy, is it worth it when you do.And if you aren't planning a Bible Study, I would love for you to get the book and read it, yourself. I think there are some things in there that will mean something to you. I've prayed that they will.
Oh, and if any of you happen to be in the Charlotte area starting on September 2, I will be teaching the book at my home church of Hickory Grove Baptist North Campus. My friend, Michelle Jones, will be teaching it to our Main Campus women. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am to be asked to do this!
Sharing your passion to get real!
Lisa :)
P.S. Can't wait to meet some of you awesome bloggy friends at SheSpeaks! See you tomorrow!





9 comments:
Hey friend. I am doing a study in the fall and haven't quite decided. So, I just ordered your book and can't wait to read it!!!!
Yay!
Let me know what you think. I would love for you to consider it to do in the fall.
You rock!
Lisa :)
Lisa --thanks for the kind words. And we're planning on doing a study with Behind Those Eyes in the fall. I'll keep you posted on how God uses this book to impact lives.
Have fun at She Speaks----- I'm just too jealous.
Mary
Thanks, Mary!
I am thrilled you are gonna do a study of the book. You have been a great advocate of this project from day one, sister! Thanks. :)
Lisa
Hey girl. Know this isn't your usual "thing" but thought it might be fun for people to get to know how funny you TRULY are!!
You've been tagged!
Val
Lisa---I was THRILLED to get to hug your neck! This is an incredible experience for both my sister Aimee and myself :)
God is soooo GOOD! I just bought your book and HOPE that I can get your little 'ole signature!
Love you much! Have a blessed evening :-)
Hi Lisa,
Pray for us as we begin your study in my home tomorrow night. I am excited about it....just went by the bookstore to get them to order more copies for our ladies...they were sold out already...Yeah for you!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It is such a blessing to have a community of women to love and encourage each other even in this busy world. Thank you for reaching out in such an honest and relevant way. Can't wait until you come to Texas!
Angie...I was so blessed to meet you and Aimee! You are so beautiful! Thank you for loving Jesus passionately. It shows!
And Kim...I left you a comment on your blog, but please know how honored I am that you are leading women in this study. I know God will bless you as you "get real" before Him!
Lisa :)
Post a Comment