As you read this, I am in Nashville. My kids and I drove over and brought the nanny (my mom, MiMi :)) with us! The trip holds several purposes -- to see and spend time with my dad who is currently working out of town…to visit my best friend, Colleen, and her family…and to meet with a potential literary agent and visit some of my friends at Thomas Nelson. We plan on squeezing in the Nashville Zoo, if possible, in all the “spare time.” :)
Thank you for all your great stories about how the “truth hurts” sometimes. I laughed out loud when I read them, and I especially love to hear truth “out of the mouths of babes.” If you’ve read the opening story in my new book, you know that I can definitely relate! I am happy to announce that I’m going to be using one of the stories in my message on Behind Those Eyes, and it happens to be Cynthia’s story! Congratulations, girlfriend! Your story about the little boy and the table and not taking it to heaven is just what I needed where I needed it. So…thanks, Cynthia. I will be sending you my two books in the coming week. Happy Reading! :)
And for those of you who didn’t win the books, I may be calling on you to ask you if I can share your story in the future! Please know that all of the stories you shared touched me in some way. Some made me laugh, a few made me cry, and all of them meant something to me. Thank you for your willingness to share.
I will post again on Monday. I have decided that 6 weeks of questions is long enough for now, so expect to see something different. I have a thought brewing in my heart since I “talked” (via email) with Lelia last week. (Girl…you gave me inspiration.) Can’t wait to blog about it on Monday. If I'm not too tired from my roadtrip, that is. :)
On the road, again…






8 comments:
I can't wait to hear what you have to say on Monday. I'm reading your book and LOVING it- as it seems to echo so many things I struggle with. It truly is a blessing- and so are you!
I have got to say to the "winner"...you are gonna LOVE it! (well--I can say that about "Behind Those Eyes"...since I am eye-ball deep in it! I am CERTAIN the other one is JUST as great!
I can't tell you enough Lisa girl--how much your book is TEACHING me---and REVEALING TRUTH to me!
I will be posting a little blog about it today or tonight.
You are a blessing! It was so good to get to hug your neck at the SheSpeaks!
I do hope that you are having a good time in Nashville.
I think you should try and speak at Hearts at Home. I haven't been since I'm not a mom, but I somehow think you would fit....
And it is purely selfish, cause you could stay at my place. I know that after Nashville, you'll have a deep desire to visit NORMAL, IL. (No, there is no connection, so don't rack your brain over it.) I just think it would be fun to have company but it's hard to make Normal sound all that appealing.
Blessings!
Hey Lisa -- glad to hear you're having a wonderful time. can't wait for the update when you return.
Hi friend!
I hear you met my girl Esther... is she the bomb or what!!!
You must call me and give me the scoop, the whole scoop and nothing but the scoop.
Travel safely... call me when you can!
Hi Lisa,
I found your blog via a P31 post. Your design is very interesting. I like it a lot. I wanted to know more about the Behind the Eyes message. I scanned your posts all the way to the beginning...your first post. I love that your blog wants to shout about His fame. That is my blog's purpose too. My blog resembles a ghost town now, but the Lord is letting me know He reads my blog. I saw Him on your blog too.:) I read that you want to have lunch with Beth when you are in Houston. I will join you in asking God for that. Maybe you should call and ASK if she is available???? If not for lunch, coffee? (Could that be a word for you?) I am going to be in Nashville next Friday and I need to ask a similar favor from you. I need to meet Faith. Yes, Faith Hill. It is not because of her fame although I love her voice. This is about a spiritual connection, a project that God wants to do that involves me and Faith and Tim. It is something that could happen only when you are Walking By Faith Down Aisle 15. Please say a prayer for me on that.
Keep shouting Jesus' fame! He is smiling at you girl!
Barbara
Hey friends!
Shannon...I am so glad you are loving the book. Thanks for your kind words!
Angie...I am gonna hop over to your blog tonight. I am thrilled the book means something to you. You have blessed me with your words. I loved meeting you, too!!
Amy...I'd love to speak anywhere near where you are. It would be great to see you, again. Then we could get that picture! :)
Mary...my friend...thanks, girl, for your prayers and support. Can't wait to talk to you, again!
Lysa...hey girl! Yes, let's talk soon!
Barbara...so glad you stopped by! May God be with you as you go to Nashville!
It's good to be back!
Lisa :)
Lisa,
You are so sweet. I'm inspired about how real you are, something I always want to be. It's amazing to find out what people's perception of another person is. That's why my goal is to always pop the bubbles of the one that think I have it all together. Not on purpose, it's just that Jesus is the only perfect in me. :)
Loving getting to know you more & more through each email and blog posting. You "speaka my language!"
Love ya,
Lelia
Post a Comment