Two verses stuck out to me today as I am wading through the incredible book of Deuteronomy...I wanted to share them with you...
I'm reminded of the beautiful way God pursues us when we try to run away from Him in this verse...
"Though you are at the ends of the earth, the Lord your God will go and find you and bring you back again." (30:4)
And I'm reminded of the truth about love in this verse and how it is a choice, not a feeling...
"Choose to love the Lord your God to obey him and commit yourself to Him, for He is your life." (30:20)
I don't know who these verses are for, but I know they spoke to my heart. As I have often been a "runner," in my life, the thought of God running after me time and again makes me remember just what pure and holy love looks like. And then to choose to love Him back, even when my feelings don't match what is inside my heart, brings me back to what my last post was all about: choosing to love God is choosing to offer Him my best, no matter what I want to do at the moment. If I say He is my life, I will be willing to back it up with my actions.
Just a few of my random thoughts today.
Lisa :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





14 comments:
God gave you these verses to speak to many people. I know that I am one of those people. It was such an awesome feeling when I read your blog today! Last night I was driving home from class (a 45 minute drive) and felt God tugging at my heart. So I started praying for God to bring me back to His side and to help me to grab to Him and follow. I am a Christian and try to live my life according to His will. I have left His side in areas of my life and feel so far away at times. I want to go closer to Him and have that strong desire to reach that intimate level I once had. I want to commit my WHOLE life to Him, not just the areas I choose. I am a faithful reader of your blog and want to thank you for the blessing it is to so many people. I check it daily and am so excited when you have a new post. I am going to write these verses down and put them everywhere! Thanks again for being faithful to God's voice and sharing these verses today! God bless!
I have a hard time seperating what I FEEL and what I KNOW.
Thank you for reminding me today, that I need to make a choice based on what I KNOW and not how I am feeling!
Nichole
Great verses. I wish my beloved (that would be my Chris who unbiblically divorced me Nov. 07) would be able to grasp these. He claimed one of the reasons was he no longer loved me. Oh how I wish he understood love is an action. You DO love and the feeling will follow.
The first verse 30:4 reinforces and encourages me that God will chase after my beloved who is a child of His. I have to know that just as He chased me and changed me, He will do the same for my beloved because we know He loves my beloved more than I ever could. We know God is so much more concerned with His wondering children. What's the scripture about the Shepherd will leave His flock to go after His one wandering sheep.
Thank you so much for these verses. It is that bit a fuel to continue to keep my stand and believe that once God brings back my beloved He will restore our covenant.
Blessings, sweet friend.
Paula
I am in Deuteronomy for my scripture reading-a chapter a day. Over and over that last verse "Choose to love the Lord your God to obey him and commit yourself to Him, for He is your life." (30:20) is repeated throughout this book. Satan is hitting hard against my girls but I choose to live victoriously in and through Him despite these attacks. I have committed this verse as part of my daily prayer and wait for Him to show His goodness!!
Blessings!
In His Graces~Pamela
p.s. I can't wait to do your book on Lelia's blog Bible study next. Your writing, God's words on your heart, are so inspirational!!
I found you while clicking on Teri's blog. I loved the verses you shared! I needed to be reminded about choosing to love and obey Him... also, I know I try to run from God, but He's a lot faster than me! Thanks for sharing these with me today!
Much Love and Blessings,
Angie xoxo
Those are great verses. Isn't wonderful htat God does pursue instead of just letting us go our own way?
Hi Lisa!
This was great!!! I just text verse 4 to Alyssa!!! I will be memorizing this one that's for sure.
Love ya,
Lelia
Got 1 out of the 2 emails you sent, so I'll get back to you tonight. :)
Those verses might be for others also, but I know they're for me. I ran from the Lord for many, many years and I couldn't believe that he pursued me and welcomed me back. I also have struggled with the "feeling" of love toward God. Thanks for reminding me that it's a choice!
You are SO appreciated,
Sheryl
I stumbled across your blog this morning it is fabulous! I have been reading your archives for hours and just ordered your book. Your words have been such a blessing to me and I thank you!
Blessings to you,
Shannon
What beauty there is in those words. What woman does not dream of being pursued to the ends of the earth by her Beloved. He does...He is...
"....for He IS YOUR LIFE..."
What an amazing truth wrapped in so few words...
blessings on you my friend!
Lisa
Thank you for this thoughtful reminder. I was just remembering how the Lord drew me to himself out of the midst of darkness and fear from a life filled with loss and abuse and I realized if he could do this for me he will do it for other hurting people. Some people believe that it is hard to believe in God when horrific things have happened to someone, but I believe it is out of those painful experiences that the Lord has an avenue to reach a person. My hope in the power of the Almighty has been restored. Praise the Lord.
Lisa,
Good, GOD thoughts!
I am so excited, I bought your book at Mardel's on Friday coming back from a week in the Rocky Mountains to the heat of the plains of Kansas.
Lovingly,
Yolanda
Hey friends!
I am so moved by all your comments, and I am thankful that God has used anything in me to bless you in ANY way. I am so flawed, but He is so gracious.
Aren't we glad?
Much love,
Lisa :)
Post a Comment