On Wednesday night, nearly 70 women came to our first Behind Those Eyes Bible study at my home church, Hickory Grove North. Since the night before I had dreamed a crazy dream about having to wear my pink Boston baseball hat to speak in (my hair hadn’t been washed and was too greasy to take out of the hat) and as soon as I came into the room and stepped up to speak, everyone got up and left, I was a little nervous about what the night might hold. Not only that, but that same night, I dreamed I had a tick on my head (yes, those little blood suckers themselves) and someone was wading through that greasy hair, trying to remove it for me, but it had been there awhile and they couldn’t quite get it out. Oh, good gracious. What was all that about? I’m blaming it on the Sudafed-induced coma I was in to try to help me and my stuffy nose sleep better. Whoops! Missed the memo on those particular side effects.
And please, psychologist friends, don’t try to psychoanalyze these dreams. I’m a bit frightened as to what they might mean. :)
The great new is that regardless of the “root” issue (lame pun intended), they didn’t come true, and God showed up, instead. We had an awesome time together, and I’ve been getting emails from women telling me how God is already doing a work in their hearts! There’s no telling what He may reveal to all of us when we ask Him to show us truth.
And by the way, how fun it was to meet a few of you bloggy friends there! What a neat surprise and added blessing to the night. Loved it.
And since it seems you have run out of guesses as to what the original title of Behind Those Eyes was, let me go ahead and tell you its original name. It was originally titled, Female Impersonators, and you will see a hint of that theme and understand where that came from when you read the first chapter of the book. (The new title came from a story in the first chapter, as well. Look for its reference as you begin to read.) Thanks for all your great guesses! It seems that though the original title intrigued the publishers enough to take a second look at it, when it came down to it, they weren’t sold on it enough to keep the title. A bit too edgy, I believe.
Hey – maybe the next book can be called Wacky Dream Sequences of the Highly Stressed Woman. Anyone care to contribute a chapter to that? :)
Do share.






11 comments:
Hi Lisa,
Your original title might have opened the door a little too wide for interpretation. (I can still recall the famous basketball player in a wedding gown.) Glad your Bible study did not turn out like your dream. I would like to study Behind Those Eyes in the future. I am doing Stepping Up(Beth) this fall. By the way, did you catch up with her in Houston? I remember you posted on that. Last week I think Lysa T. talked about wanting to have coffee with her in her blog. I don't know if you guys were serious or just kidding around on your post. Maybe there is something to that....Some dreams really do come true! Keep your palms open. You never know when a feather may fall.
Barbara
Hey Lisa,
Confidence... you need a boost of that! You are right where God wants you to be and you are beautiful in His and our eyes. I am so glad that your Bible study at your church was a resounding success and glorified Him in the process! I am looking forward to doing the on-line study of "Behind Those Eyes" (a.k.a. female impersonators)! you have much to share and I really am anxious to participate.
Be blessed; you and your family! And I am glad you were not on an island in the midst of hurricanes last week! :)
-Karen
Lisa,
I am so glad your night went well. I wish I could have been there.
I love you,
Colleen
Hey Barbara...good to hear from you. Of course I'd love to have coffee with Beth! Who wouldn't? :) I love to have coffee with girlfriends and talk about Jesus, and boy could I spend an hour picking her Jesus-filled brain! :) My palms are open, friend -- thanks for the reminder.
Sweet concerned Karen...thank you for your encouragement! Girl, I have that "holy confidence" -- the only kind you need! :) I've just learned not to take myself too seriously, and I always try to keep it real. It's all good.
Colleen...
I love you, my best friend! You have a vested interest in BTE, don't you? I'd dedicate it to you all over again. :)
Lis
oh friend -how i wish i could have been there!!! i dream on!! Love, Leigh
Hi Lisa I am glad to hear about the great turnout for the Bible Study!
How much "material" do you wanted contributed to the "new book"..HA!
Have a great weekend!
Lisa~
Glad to hear the night went well. I got signed up to do the study with Lelia. I am so looking forward to reading the book, doing the study, and knowing you and all these amazing women out here in blog land that are living passionately for Jesus!
Hi Lisa..I tried emailing you from a yahoo account I have...You are not the only one that is not receiving emails...something is up.
Hey, Lisa! Loved that wacky dream!
I'm sure that your Bible study was wonderful! What a great opportunity your sista's in Christ had! To actually attend a Bible Study that was led by the author! How cool is that?
Hope that you all will have a great weekend. We'll be up your way again on Oct. 4 for the Wendy's Invitational at McAlpine Park! Feel free to join us!!--and hundreds of other parents and kids!
Love ya,
Susan
OK, up here in the northeast part of the country, I am just doing my own little study of that book at my dining room table. Jesus, me and a cup of coffee....and you of course! :) So enjoying it!
Wish I could be down there with "y'all"! :)
Thanks for keeping it so real and so pointing to Him! :)
Hugs,
Sharon
I am not sure you could handle my highly stressed dream sequences! But it might sell a few extra copies just for the laughs alone!
Post a Comment