Monday, October 13, 2008

The Sound of New Life

I am pausing from my weekly post on another chapter of Behind Those Eyes to spend a day in celebration over the sweetest sound I have ever heard…

The high-pitched voice of my tiny little curly-headed 6 year old, praying to ask Jesus into her heart.

I “happened” to walk by to hear the whole exchange. As her earthly daddy prayed with her, my sweet angel girl told her heavenly Daddy she loved Him and wanted Him to come into her heart. She has loved Him for quite a while, showing it in cute little ways like writing notes that say “I love you, God” and “I heart Jesus.” But now she has loved Him enough to give Him her life. Little does she know that the truth is, He loved her enough to give life back to her.

Tonight, my daughter received life eternal. And my heart couldn’t be more joyful about that. It is beyond words to say I am ecstatic over her decision. I have been through it twice before, as both of my boys have already made that glorious decision. But it is something that could never become routine.

Three children. All different. Each in need of a Savior. And as of tonight, all three have accepted Him.

Amazing.

In this day and time, this joy-filled mom is grateful that I follow Someone who is powerful enough to carry them through the days to come, no matter what economic or moral crisis comes up. Praise God that He has led them to trust in the only One who will be standing victorious in the end!

We share life on this earth, now we will share life eternal in heaven.

I will post on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, at the latest. Forgive me, I’m too busy partying right now!

New Life Rocks!

post signature

24 comments:

Paula said...

I have tears of joy here at your news. I so long for the day when my little girl takes Jesus into her heart. I pray that until then I can be the example she needs to feel His love in her heart, and your post has inspired me to be the example she, and others, need. Enjoy the 'new life' party! In Him, Paula :-)

LeeBird3 said...

Lord,

Thank you for such a blessed event! I pray that Lisa's little girl will follow hard after you for all of her days. Use her even as a little one to point people to the Savior. Let her little heart be constantly amazed at how much she is loved and cherished by Almighty Abba Daddy God!

Laura said...

I am rejoicing with you, Lisa! What a precious, precious memory this will be. Aren't you glad you "just happened" by? I'll never forget this moment with my own little guys. I'm so celebrating with you!

Di said...

Oh, Lisa girl,
Our hearts are beating so fast and we have such tears of joy over our little "baby Shae".. We are so excited and all of heaven is celebrating with us..
You and Scotty are such fair and loving parents to 3 most beautiful and precious children...
God made you all special. Keep working for Him.
Know that we love you all..
Grandmother and Grand-daddy

Amy L Brooke said...

Now that is totally JOY!

Jill Beran said...

I was in need of encouraging words tonight and so thankful God led me here! He is in control and great things happen according to His plan! I'm rejoicing with you at your daughter's decision and pray this is only the beginning of her decisions made for Him. Blessings to you all!

Renee Motley said...

Lisa,

That is wonderful....I will pray for her tonight! That is awesome! Ironically, Lukas just accepted the Lord Friday (while he was out of school recently). I am going to read a book Chris Cornette recommended entitled "How to Lead Your Child to Christ and Keep them There." (the title is something like that) I'll let you know how that turns out. Again, so happy for you, Shae, and the entire family.

Sweet Blessings,

Renee

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Oh Lisa! Gal. 4:19 may HE be formed in her! You will pass on what is on your beautiful heart! Deut 6:6...you'll pass on His Life! And you're a very authentic life!

Carol said...

Lisa, Heaven is having a party with you!!! Thank you for sharing your news with us. I'm so excited for your family, these are the moments we see God answere one of our deepest heart felt prayers, to see our child embrace Jesus. I'm happy dancing right now!

I remember when my daughter asked Jesus in her heart at school chapel one day when she was 4. She was so excited when I picked her up and she grabed me and pulled me down to her, and said I have something important to tell you. I asked Jesus to live in my heart today, and now I feel him there.

I pray all 3 of your children always lean on their precious Lord.

Carol

LynnSC said...

Yeah!! Isn't that the most amazing thing to witness. Heaven is having a party with you.

May her heart fall more and more in love with HIM everyday.
Lymm

Joyful said...

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." 3 John 1:4

Rejoicing with you. Remembering when my son asked Jesus into his heart. Precious times. My prayer now is that he will never turn away.

Celebrating new life,
Joy

Joy Junktion said...

How wonderful for her and your family. Such a sweet moment and truly a life-changing one.

A moment you will treasure for the rest of your life.

Heather - On the Road... said...

Oh Praise God!
I can't wait to share that sweet moment with my children!

May God fill her to overflowing with His spirit, and joy and peace be yours and hers in abundance!

This is true happiness... rooted in the joy of the Lord!
God bless,
Heather

Christie Todd said...

I know the giddy, excited, praising God, kind of feeling you are experiencing right now! I felt it too as both my children accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I am so excited for your children and your family to know that you will spend eternity in heaven together. Praise God for He Reigns!

On Purpose said...

Thank you Father for the joy that is being celebrated in this home and in heaven up above! Praising your name for another precious one who has asked You to live in their heart. Protect her and keep her eyes on You!

Paula V said...

You take your time girl. You have much to rejoice. There is NO greater moment to rejoice than for someone, anyone, to receive such an eternal gift. Nothing is more humongous! And to top it off, not only family but your child. Presshhhh-uuusss! Precious.

Leaon Mary said...

Ohhhhh Lisa! I'm overjoyed for your daughter..... a party's goin on up in heaven..!
Hallelujah
Lea
ps
Give a hug to my lil sister in Christ!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,I am celebrating with you. Please tell Shae how happy we are for her.
I love you,
Colleen

Lelia Chealey said...

Teary eyed and smiling!!!
So happy for you & especially her!
Hey, we have a new little sister-in-Christ!!! PRAISE YOU LORD!!

Love you,
Lelia

Take your time posting. Love that your priorities are in line Girlfriend! xoxo
Give my Lil' SIC a kiss for me! ;)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Lisa:
I've had the privilege of praying these prayers with all four of my kids. Both my children accepted Jesus this year. It's truly the most amazing grace that our Father offers us.

I celebrate with you all that a new precious soul has been added to the kingdom.

peace~elaine

Unknown said...

That is absolutely awesome! What a blessing!

Vickie said...

This is so beautiful. Awesome news. Thank you Jesus. I am rejoicing with you Lisa.

Blessings,
Vickie

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

amen sister!!!!!!! praise Him!! love it - thanks for sharing!! Love, Leigh

Mary R Snyder said...

Praising with you! What a wonderful day -- and embrace these days. They are so quick to pass.

What a blessing it is to know that your sweet one has a relationship with Her heavenly Father.