Hi friends!
I had no real intention of posting the rest of this week, to be honest. My week (like many of yours) has been full and crazy and a bit stressful. I was up working towards a writing deadline tonight when I came across a passage of Scripture that struck me in a new and fresh way. I couldn't help but think of many of you who have shared your heart with me this week...friends like Kris Lawing who I am praying for...and yes, even myself. There is so much truth in this passage that I could not pass up the opportunity to share it with you on this post. Anything I would write today would not compare on any level to the richness and beauty of this passage. There is truly nothing like the inspired, infallible Word of God. May it speak to you today, as it did me, tonight.
Psalm 51: 7-15 (The Message)
Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean,
scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life.
Tune me in to foot-tapping songs,
set these once-broken bones to dancing.
Don't look too close for blemishes,
give me a clean bill of health.
God, make a fresh start in me,
shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
Don't throw me out with the trash,
or fail to breathe holiness in me.
Bring me back from gray exile,
put a fresh wind in my sails!
Give me a job teaching rebels your ways
so the lost can find their way home.
Commute my death sentence, God, my salvation God,
and I'll sing anthems to your life-giving ways.
Unbutton my lips, dear God;
I'll let loose with your praise.
Soak it in, friends.
Lisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
Lisa, thank you for that scripture...I do not have the message translation so when I get to read a passage here and there I really soak it up!
I really have been witnessing with your posts! Thanks for sharing!
WOW...God is speaking the same scripture to both of us!
I loved reading it from the Message, thank you! Speaks of what He did in my life just yesterday. Letting go of pride and from having set myself up as a god.
If you desire to see what God was showing me,
http://yolanda-highergrounds.blogspot.com/2008/07/are-you-ready-for-bath.html
Thank you for investing in each of us.
Lovingly,
Yolanda
Someone else referenced Ps. 51 this week. I think it was Yolonda on her blog. I'll have to read that closer when I can focus more clearly.
I read Ps. 87 this week and boy was that my heart and my life. Read that sometime.
Blessings,
Paula
UmmmUmmm. So good. I have never read that version before. It makes me picture clean linens hanging out on a fresh breezy day. Beautiful, Lisa!Thank you for refreshing me tonight!
Laura
I have been trying to talk God out of asking me to teach SS in our youth. I asked Him to show me a Word. I was not expecting it here... but "give me a job teaching rebels your ways" - Holy Cow!!! that is what they are - sometimes even the "good" ones. ha ha!! oh goodness - what shall I do!! Obey, i suppose!! yikes!!
Great passage - thanks for sharing it with us today. We are enjoying the study so much - our stories of our attempts at being perfect moms and wives this week really took our masks off. God has really put together an awesome group for this study.
Give me a job teaching rebels your ways
so the lost can find their way home.
Unbutton my lips, dear God;
I'll let loose with your praise.
Thanks for not being selfish with this Lisa!!
Love you!
Lelia
Happy 4th! I love the way that reads. It does make a person think.
Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog - next time I see you ask me to share my perfect wife syndrome story with you. You will know why we laughed....I am still laughing at myself 17 years later....we are enjoying it. It helps to be in a group where the ladies are comfortable enough to be real and transparent...keep praying for us.
I learned so many new things while studying Martha and Mary more in depth last week....thanks for the challenge to dig deeper.
Post a Comment