Monday, September 29, 2008

Nothing Lucky About It

1. 13 years of reality checks.

2. 13 years of decisions to love and choices to forgive.

3. 13 years of “we just think differently.”

4. 13 years of the flu.

5. 13 years of learning how to put someone else first when everything within you says not to.

6. 13 years of tearful moments and sweet reunions.

7. 13 years of pulled covers, dirty dishes and washed socks.

8. 13 years of “Lord, help me.”

9. 13 years of grace and not taking yourself too seriously.

10.13 years of big hopes and even bigger dreams.

11.13 years of “I’m sorry I hurt you.”

12.13 years of checkbooks, check cards, and overdraft protection.

13.13 years of life…love…us.

Today, I share a 13 year celebration of life and love with my husband, Scotty. When we said our "I do's" on a cool fall night in front of my pastor/father, I am sure neither one of us had any clue what that really meant. I was too busy thinking about how pretty everything in the church looked and how well things had gone, and he was thinking about...well...the same thing he's been thinking about for 13 years. :) But after all the years that stretch between 1995 to 2008...the trials, the tears, the passion, the plans...and everything else in between, we celebrate exactly what those "I do's" represent. Neither one of us would say it's been easy. There's been no "luck" to it. It's been all God that two very independent and passionate people could become one, produce three more, and make it to 13.

Happy Anniversary, honey. Let's do 13 more.


post signature


P.S. The picture at the top was taken last year, when we renewed our wedding vows with 9 other couple friends. To watch a short video clip of this event, click HERE.

21 comments:

~Tracy~ said...

Congrats!!! I pray that you have many many more years...

I love your blog...

Bless you,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Lisa.

Well done.

Paula said...

Congratulations, and what a wonderful way to express it. Paula :-)

Vickie said...

Congratulations Lisa! Praying for another 13 and another 13 all filled with God's blessings.

Great way to express it!!!


Blessings
Vickie

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary, my friend! May it be lovely. I hope you have some special plans...
Don't leave it to luck!

Jesi said...

Happy Anniversary!

Kate McDonald said...

What a beautiful post... I ahve been married a little over 3 years and its been very hard for us. This post was very encouraging to me. Thank you.

www.katemcdonald.wordpress.com

Karen said...

Happy anniversary Lisa! I hope you have many more wonderful years together!

MiMi said...

Awwww..such a sweet post! You look absolutely beautiful in that picture.

Congratulations to you both and may the Lord bless you with many, many more years of all these things and more!

Happy Anniversary, Lisa and Scotty!

Carol said...

Lisa,

Congratulations to you and Scotty. May the Lord bless you both with many more years together.

Carol

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I was going to say...

13 years and 3 kids haven't aged you a day. Now I know better!

Beautiful tribute. Congrats to you both.

peace~elaine

Dawn said...

Lisa,
I guess we never talked about our anniversary dates because I didn't know that we share the same one!
God has blessed Rob and me with 24 years, 3 wonderful daughters and a soon to be son-in-law.
Love ya,
Dawn

Runner Mom said...

Happy Anniversary!! Loved the video from last year! What a cool idea! Enjoy your time with each other today. Many blessings.

Love you!
Susan

On Purpose said...

Happy Anniversary!

Way to honor the commitment and set an amazing role model for your children!

Amy L Brooke said...

Congratulations. That is great!

Paula V said...

Happy Anniversary.

You are beautiful. I love that pic of you two.

I watched the video and that was really cool!!! Videographer did a great job showing the couple standing in the line and then a quick shot of them kissing.

All marriages should be honored...wouldn't that be awesome!!!! I think it is in Hebrews that God tells us marriage is to be honored by all. Sadly it is so not.

Many more to you, sweet one!
Paula

Tammy said...

Congratulations!

May your lives be filled with blessings.

Di said...

Lisa girl,
Thank you for being a part of our lives...You are truly a blessing to our family !! Thank you for loving my boy and taking such good care of my grandchildren,You are wonderful in my eyes and also in the eyes of Our God ... He sure made you special..Thanks for being my "daughter in love" You will never know what you mean in my life..I love you....but God loves you more..Keep working for Him..You are a blessing to many people!! :)
Di

Unknown said...

Y'all look fabulous! Happy Anniversary! Start planning a nice getaway for your 15th. Hubby and I did that last December for our 15th. We stayed at a nice little B&B in Waynesville all alone. WOOHOO! We left our two daughters home in the care of friends. Now we wonder why we took so long to an "us" only trip.

Anyway, here's to God's blessing of 13 more wonderful married years.

Pinkshoelady said...

Hi Lisa,
Congrats!!!
My husband and I are coming up our 13th this year.
Isn't it wonderful to be married to the man God had chosen especially for you?

Praying for you and your ministry.

Pamela

Aunt Angie said...

What a beautiful blessing of life...the love from HIM! Congrat's on 13! AND may you blessed with tons more!!