Saturday, February 2, 2008

Double Digits!

To satisfy my out-of-town family members who are interested, and because I am in a bit of a nostalgic mood, here is a picture of me with my beloved firstborn...my son...who turned 10 this week. We celebrated today with a party at Laser Quest, one of his favorite places!

Love that boy. His haircut, not so much. But love, love, love him.

Thanks for making me a mom for the first time 10 years ago, G-man. I have been celebrating since the day you were born.

Ok...maybe not on that exact day. I was still suffering from pain in areas I’d rather not identify. Or for the first 4 months when you didn’t sleep or eat well. Or when you drew a cute smiley face on the wall in permanent marker...and on your dad’s laptop.

But you get the picture.


I am crazy in love with all my kids and this handsome and responsible 4th grader is the biological leader of that pack.

Some days it’s tough, but I do love being a mom.

Thanks for letting me act like one with this post!

More on Monday.

Lisa :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My son will be 9 this month. Time flies, doesn't it?

Amy L Brooke said...

He's beautiful. Hope it was a great birthday for him!

Marybeth Whalen said...

You are quite possibly the most photogenic person I have ever met!! Every single pic I see of you is GREAT!! Of course, good material to begin with, right?? Ü

Lisa said...

Oh, girl...you are so kind but not at all accurate. :) I can whip out some pretty rank pictures of me if you really want me to! Need I remind you of my EXPOSED post a couple weeks back?

But thanks for the sweet words. I'm glad you are still coming back to my blog when you can!

Hope to see you soon!
Lisa :)

AbbyLane said...

precious!!!
(and your hair is amazing :) )