What do a locksmith, a wrecker service, a tornado, getting lost and running out of gas have in common?
Me.
What do amazing people, a weekend away with my husband, hugs, affirmation, and the bond of Christ have in common?
Me, again.
Yes, my weekend was eventful from running out of gas and literally coasting into Greenville for my event…to waking up to the threat of a tornado and a ferocious rainstorm. It was not quite the entrance I would have liked to have made, but even the elements could not stop God from showing up and speaking to hearts at the Wellness Conference I was blessed to be a part of. A big “thank you” to my friends at Cornerstone Missionary Baptist Church who made us feel at home and welcomed and hosted us so graciously. I loved ministering to your wonderful community of people!
And to my friends from the American Association of Christian Writers who attended my sessions in the Writer’s Workshop…it was such a beautiful experience to get to be with you and hear your passion for writing. I share that passion, and I share your love for Jesus! I won’t soon forget any of you. (Fernando, my “write what you see” friend…if you are reading this, please know that I WILL be using your story in the future. Your love for writing is contagious!)
Thank you to all of you who prayed for me about this event, as my preparation was rushed from starting the week out with a terrible stomach bug. I know it was your prayers that helped me get through and re-focus! The message of “Choosing Wellness” was spoken and heard. Praise God for delivering His message despite my inadequacies!
To my “Yes to God” girlfriends, I will post tomorrow…the last post from Behind Those Eyes. I cannot believe this online Bible study journey has come to an end. Though it is physically ending, my prayer is that it will be the start of something new within all of our hearts! What a joy it has been to share these past 9 weeks with all of you! I’ll be visiting and commenting on all your blogs this week. Can't wait! :)





6 comments:
I'm looking forward to reading your "Yes To God" post and also checking out a few other blogs. I dropped off the radar with my holiday home the other week, which has put me way behind in the study, so I won't be joining everyone for the ending. But I am going to keep working through the book to finish it and the study and hopefully post a summary in due course. It certainly has been a pleasure doing what I have done of the study though. Thanks Lisa, Paula :-)
Glad all went well...well the conference part. God was your shelter for sure.
You are amazing.
Love,
Paula
Oh my goodness!! Crazy things!! But...I'm glad it all went well!!
"Working my way" through the last chapter girl.....whew as He done a work on me!!
Sounds eventful, Lisa! I just got home from the Breaking Free / Beth Moore taping in New Orleans! Amazing stuff. I'm sorry I didn't wish you a happy birthday -- so, happy birthday chickie!!
Let's talk soon
Thanks for coming to Greenville!!! We really appreciated it, and look forward to many wonderful works from you in the future!! Have a wonderful day!!!
Fernando
Sounds like an eventful and memorable time. Glad to hear that God showed up...He is so faithful, isn't He?
I'm ashamed to say, that I own your book and had every intention of joining in the study, but have not. I'm really looking forward to reading, but have allowed the choas that I currently call life to consume me and I haven't been doing any reading lately.
Post a Comment