Wednesday, February 27, 2008

She Heard the Call

Friends,
I don't usually do this, but today I felt compelled. Please go to my friend, Beverly Brandon's blog and read about Cyd Mizell. (www.beverly-brandon.blogspot.com) You can post a comment to her family, if you wish.

Cyd was living the life of a true barbaric soul. She heard the call. She puts the face on what I have been blogging about for the past two weeks. And today, her death helps me put my life in greater perspective. I am beyond moved.

How incredible the reunion must have been in heaven on the day Cyd arrived!

"And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, 'How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!'”Romans 10:15

Lisa

5 comments:

Amy L Brooke said...

Thanks for sharing....

Vonda Skelton said...

I visited and left a comment for her family. Thank you, Lisa, for sharing the story of this amazing woman.
Vonda
www.VondaSkelton.com

Laura said...

cyd's story is so amazing and so jarring. The picture of her on Bev's site just won't leave my mind. She is a beautiful lady. And now she has shed that earthly body and is dancing with the Lord! Halleleujah! I hope you have gotten the spiritual renewal your soul was craving, my friend! Just wanted to let you know that I received Paula's book in the mail yesterday and looks yummy!! Can't wait to get into it as soon as I finish a couple others I'm working on (including yours!)
Laura

Lisa said...

Hey Amy and Vonda!

Laura..
Yay! Glad you got Paula's book. You'll love it -- she's a wonderful writer.

Yes, I am feeling much stronger. Thanks for the prayers and concerns. They were needed, more than you know. It is so awesome to have cybersisters like you to lean on! Love this God network. :)

Blessings, Laura.
Lisa :)

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

I must have missed this post and I was gone all weekend to Paula's conference on being set free. Thank you so much for saying these things about Cyd who is standing in His Presence. It was the day she lived for. And, it is what we all live for. And, as C.S. Lewis says, we are determining this moment what our lives will be like in heaven. I so want to ponder and shed what lies beneath the moral behaviors of my life that seep our surreptitiously and heed the call this moment. Thanks so much Lisa for sharing this post with others about my sweet friend whom we all miss very much. She's home!