Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A Shout-Out to Some Rockin' Girls!

















I had the privilege of meeting some of the awesome girls from Southbrook Church today who are doing a study of my book, The 7 Hardest Things God Asks a Woman to Do. My friend, Mel, (who is a fantastic writer and with P31, by the way!) invited me to come and share with them, and I was so happy to have an excuse to wash my hair and get dressed and hop over to the south side of town to make some new friends.

Thanks, Mel, for inviting me to come! Loved it…and you. :)

Girls, I so enjoyed hanging out with you and spending a few minutes chatting. I felt such a warm, welcome spirit among you, and I heard your heart and share your desire to know God. Please know that I pray for you every Wednesday morning as you are meeting for Bible study! I love that we are on this journey together, and I look forward to being with you again in the future. Don’t forget the 1 thing, ok?

I will post about those eyes of a different kind on Friday. (If you have no idea what I’m talking about, please see Monday’s post.) And check back with me on Monday for another great book give-away from my friend and author, Paula Rinehart!

Oh, and did I mention that we got TP’d the other night? A picture of the decorated house, for your viewing pleasure…

Lisa :)

9 comments:

Kelly said...

You are so cute and your house looks beautiful (even buried under toilet paper!)
I bet you did so awesome speaking to those girls - I'd love to hear you!

Lisa said...

Thanks for your sweet comments, my Kelly friend!

I would love to come your way and speak sometime. I'll have to start praying about getting a gig in Arkansas in the near future! :)

Thanks for stopping by...
Lisa :)

Jodie Wolfe said...

What a great opportunity you had. It's always fun having a day out with the girls. :)

Fran said...

WOW! I'm commenting on the jealousy post.....that was just so good and so true! We need to ask ourselves questions like yours weekly. We can get all caught up in so much stuff that we have missed so much with Him.

Thanks for writing on something so real and being so honest.

Thanks for also stopping by my blog. Its been a devastating day.
The destruction was deep and wide.
My 10 yr old looked at me last night while shaking and said..."momma, we praise Him in the storms right?"

My my my. We sure do son.

Natalie Witcher said...

How fun! I can't wait to read your book. It's not here yet :(

Hillary said...

Oh, I'm just sure the TP added some curb appeal to your already beautiful home!
Let me know if you're ever in Arkansas speaking...about something wonderful, I'm sure! I'll grab Kelly and we'll come lend and ear!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa,
I'm so glad you came to talk with us! It's hard to strip before the LORD... in public. The secret sins ~ the food & weight issues ~ mother/teen daughter relationships ~ and your WANT FAST ~ thanks for sharing that! The freedom that comes when surrendering ALL to crave HIM! You have lots to say...keep it up! Your 7 Hardest Things book, you wrote with your lovely mom, is great, can't wait for the next one "Behind the Eyes".
One of the Southbrookies,
Key
http://www.southbrookchurch.com/

Laura said...

Lisa,
I just received the 7 hardest things in the mail today! I can't wait to dig in! I ordered it off the P31 resource site. Will you be at SheSpeaks? I would love if you would sign it for me, you superstar!
Laura

Lisa said...

Laura...
Yes, of course girlfriend, I would love to sign it for you. I have no idea what "superstar" you are referring to, though! None at this address. :)

I am not sure if I will be at SS this year or not. Did a session last year and LeAnn usually digs up something for me to do. I love all those P31 girls, and I don't get to see them that often, so this is always a good reason for me to hang out with them. After meeting all you neat girls in blogland, I feel I simply MUST show up at some point to connect names to faces! I would love to see you there.

Lisa :)